Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday's experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today. We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record's Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance. H&M is also a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry, is currently seekinganAerial Lineman for our Telecom program operating out of Detroit, Michigan.This position reports to the Construction Project Manager. The position is located at the Detroit, Michigan office.Major Job Elements
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Installs and/or and relocates aerial and underground cable including fiber optic, transportation, distribution and drop cable. Ensures that it meets industry standards, is technically reliable and performed in timely and cost efficient manner.
- Provides support for Lineman crews during all phases of construction activity.
- Must be able to climb pole to cable height using pole climber gaffs.
- Current valid driver's license (preferably a CDL) with a clean driving record is required.
- 2+ years of experience as a lineman and have the knowledge to detect power space violations and safety issues
- Must be able to lift, reach, dig and carry heavy objects; with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and infrequent lifting of up to 100 pounds.
- This position requires significant time doing manual labor functions, walking on uneven ground, working in tight spaces and in general, being overall physically demanding. Must be able to perform heavy physical work and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work up to 6 days per week in an all -weather environment and be willing to travel as required.
- A pre-employment, on site certification will be required. The applicant must successfully show that he/she can complete the duties as described within this document to the satisfaction of the construction supervision.
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, random testing will be completed after date of hire.
- Must pass a customer driven background check.
- All applicants must follow safety guidelines and wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- All applicants must speak the English language fluently and clearly.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job requirements, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Please read the following requirements for background investigation prior to considering employment at Henkels & McCoy.
• I-9 Employment Verification
• Drug Test
• Motor Vehicle Driving Records
• Criminal History
• Sex Offender Register
• Terrorist Watch List
• Credit History
• Employment History
• Background Check
• Education Verification
• International Background Check (If required)Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.This is a Union position. All applicants must agree to join the union by membership and work under the union pay scales and agreements.