Title: Database Administrator
Location: Washington, D.C.,
Not a remote opportunity, candidates must reside in the DC area and be able to work M-F full-time.
Status: Direct Hire
Palmer Staffing is seeking a organized, detail-oriented database associate for an exciting opportunity with a DC organization. The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented, comfortable using and entering data into various database platforms, and have a commitment to accuracy and efficiency in managing data related to all administrative offices within the organization.
- Manage database changes and re-designs
- Analyze database issues and troubleshoot or configure the database accordingly
- Drive automation of code
- Monitor database performance to ensure high levels of security and speed
- Assist the Director of Advancement Operations with overall database responsibilities, including data entry and integration of data among campus-wide database applications.
- Prepare monthly revenue, academic, and various reports for senior leadership, and run database queries and pulls for various communications, development outreach, reports, or other needs.
- Maintain data accuracy and consistency for administrative databases by running regular built-in utilities and custom-built routines and processes.
- Support the development of and adherence to campus-wide database and business process policies and procedures, and regularly analyze and troubleshoot data entry and maintenance processes to recommend more streamlined, efficient methods.
- Assist with database projects such as cleanups, upgrades, conversions, and additional implementations.
- Stay up-to-date with latest campus-wide database applications especially Blackbaud technologies and software releases.
- Take on additional database responsibilities as skill set increases.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with database and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience using education, fund-raising, and school business-office related software.
- Experience with Blackbaud software, specifically: Education Management, Raiser's Edge NXT, Smart Tuition, and Financial Edge NXT a major plus but not required.
- Experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
Skills & Abilities
- A collaborative and collegial working style: must be a team player; with a positive, problem solving approach
- The ability to both work cooperatively with others and work independently.
- The ability to problem-solve, think critically, and maintain and improve process efficiencies.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to organize workflow to manage large volumes of data or undertake multiple tasks at one time and prioritize accordingly.
How To Apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. We welcome all candidates that meet the REQUIRED qualifications with recent relevant experience. Palmer Legal Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
? About Us: Palmer is an award winning staffing agency offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary placements for administrative, management, executive, legal and more. We represent more than 500 of the finest law firms and legal departments in the DC area.
Palmer Google reviews = 4.7 stars, visit online to see what other Palmer candidates have to say about us. You are more than just a "number"!
Visit and view our job board, contact a recruiter, link to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.