577812BR Date posted:
Nov. 23, 2021 Locations:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.Description:
The Lockheed Martin Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) team is seeking an Engineering Program Manager who will provide technical program management leadership on cutting edge Artificial Intelligence development programs supporting the AI Integration portfolio. The team is focused on exploiting small, innovative, and agile teams to rapidly iterate and mature solutions from prototypes to deployment for utilization across the Lockheed Martin enterprise, as well as in the field for our customers.
The selected candidate will act as the engineering program manager (EPM) for a group of agile software development teams that implement Artificial Intelligence to provide discriminating capabilities to our customers. The selected candidate will provide programmatic and technical direction for research, design, and implementation of AI capabilities that can reduce cognitive load for operational scenarios.
The selected candidate's responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team of AI research engineers
• Shaping the vision and objectives for AI research and development programs
• Leading LM Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) briefs to internal and external customers for assigned programs
• Understanding, identifying, and communicating customer needs and capability gaps
• Building relationships across LM business areas to foster collaboration
• Facilitating efforts to roadmap future capability needs
• Defining and executing agile business rhythms and demonstrations
• Executing all programmatic deliverables for kickoffs, end of year activities, and agile rhythms
• Leading external partnership collaboration initiatives and execution
The selected candidate can work at any major Lockheed Martin facility or remotely.
Must be a US Citizen.Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or in a related discipline from an accredited college, or equivalent experience, with 14 years of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
• Experience in project or program management
• Experience leading other engineers or small teams
• Experience building and maintaining customer relationships
• Experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions
• Exhibit self-motivation, time management and interpersonal skills
• Must be a US CitizenDesired Skills:
• Secret or Top Secret clearance
• Experience with defense industry operations analysis, multi-domain simulation, or related systems of systems analyses
• Experience deploying machine learning models or leading software development teams
• Familiarity with high-performance computing
• Familiarity with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.)
• Familiarity with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
• Familiarity with RF signal processing
• Familiarity with transitioning prototypes to production Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest:
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely:
Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules:
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position:
4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level:
None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit:
ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available:
Software Engineering Type: