Wireless Consultant, Benefits + Car with industry leading multi-service provider.
Our client is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Consultancy Practice division, we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout. If you're a Network Consultant - Wireless and Campus LAN who delivers solutions rather than talks about them, we're ready to welcome you to the team. This is a flexible UK base location role ideally Midlands/South, and will require extensive regular UK wide travel.
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, our client combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centres and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
The Consultancy Practice, comprises of around 230 experienced consultants. Their expertise covers a wide range of technology areas and advisory services that supports the delivery of our client's propositions. The consultants are industry recognised as experts in their field, having attained some of the highest vendor qualifications. The consultants are organised into ten focussed teams, covering Networking & Security, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Physical Workplace, Virtual Workplace, Directory, Messaging & Mobility, Enterprise Platforms, Data Optimisation, Cloud, Virtualisation & Automation, Integrated Systems & Implementation and Solutions Architecture. Each team has a Technology Leader and a Resource Manager who lead and manage the consultants.
The Consultancy Practice Mission is:
To be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT infrastructure consultancy services in terms of capability, results and the professional development of our people.
An excellent opportunity to join our client's dynamic and rapidly expanding Network Consultancy Practice team.
- Assist with pre-sales engagement; qualification of design and/or opportunities to win customer business
- Attend and present at customer meetings to ensure and understanding of customer requirements and to assist with knowledge transfer
- Quality assure deliverables, as required, produced by other team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of data
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across our client
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies
- Manage design and implementation of low risk/medium scale solutions
- Act in accordance with our client's Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
- Effective delivery of assignments using our client's methodologies
- Achievement of customer satisfaction targets
- Delivery of quality solutions
- Achievement of utilisation targets
- Successful handover of technology designs and solutions to internal or customer support function
- Enhancement of our client's services reputation with customers, vendors, partners & internal audience
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate level or relevant technical experience within a large organisation or IT Industry
- Strong wireless networking skills, at CCNP level (certification not required, but must be willing to achieve applicable certifications as required)
- Ability to design complex multi technology solutions within SME focus area(s):
- Must have:
- Wireless (Cisco/HP Aruba)
- Campus LAN
- Campus Security
- Campus Audit
- Cisco ISE/Aruba Clear Pass
- Should have:
- Cisco SD Access
- HP Aruba Mobile First
- Network automation using Python and Ansible
- Must have a strong interest in technology, with a view to developing a core discipline in the emerging technologies.
- Proven relevant experience.
- Relevant qualifications or accreditations in one or more technology area(s).
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Broad knowledge of the business benefits that technical solutions can provide
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present to internal and customer audiences
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now