The fundamental purpose of the role is to provide a consistent technical contact and interface for the prospect or customer, with focus on presales activity (85-90% or higher) with some post-sales oversight of project deployment and the relationship management on a technical plane
- For each opportunity that he/she handles directly, the candidate will be responsible for end-to-end management of all technical aspects of an account under his/her direct control through the entire presales phase of an opportunity
- Work with the sales person or account manager to support the sales cycle for the opportunity from a technical perspective o Adapt or create customer-facing materials for various stages of the presales process
- presentations, technical information notes, deployment/solution architectures, etc. o Own the proposal preparation process for each specific opportunity that he/she works on, including being the primary owner and creator of every proposal or response to RFx (e.g., RFI/RFP/RFQ, etc.) or tender
- Conduct demos of products to customers and prospects o Liaise with the Bid Compliance team to ensure complete compliance with required process and metrics
- Ensure a smooth handoff to the posts-sales stage for a successful deal via a Statement of Work (SOW) and internal discussions, as well as through participation with customer stakeholders and project delivery and service management teams
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Support Manager with delivery of solution and constant customer satisfaction.
- Focus domains - solution delivery in the domain of Big Data
- driven Analytics for mobile operators across the region, focusing on roaming/travel, customer experience, subscriber analytics, network analytics.
- Will be responsible for several accounts/opportunities in parallel
- Must be willing to travel extensively both internationally and locally (at least 60% to 70%)
Skills and Background
- Technical skills
- require a combination of knowledge and skills across a combination of the following areas - o Analytics for Mobile Operators
- in any or more domains including subscribers, Fraud, networks, CEM, services, etc.; experience with business intelligence, analysis, reporting related initiatives and technologies
- Big Data technologies o Strong understanding of the telco system stack
- networks, BSS and OSS; good understanding of one or more of the following aspects will be a huge positive. § Signaling and switching protocols for GSM/3G/LTE § Cellular network architecture
- core network, radio network, etc. § BSS/OSS elements
- billing, provisioning, mediation, TAP/RAP processes § IP networking, including TCP/IP, GPRS, 3G/UMTS
- elements, protocols, procedures o Software
- understanding of software systems and architecture (preferably in the context of telecommunication systems);
hands-on background in software development, will be a plus
- Background in defining "solution architecture" taking into account customer environment and the compatibility with offered product(s)
- Should have experience writing proposals, solution approach notes, preparing bid / RFP response packages and all other activity related to the presales cycle of the sales process
- Must possess good presentation skills, and ability to "whiteboard" concepts during discussions
- Must be able communicate effectively and proactively using email, phone, chat / IM tools, etc.
- Should display understanding of the factors that influence business value - and work on business cases for customers in concert with the Account Manager and Mobileum business line experts - Must be a self-starter and show initiative in all aspects of the job; must be able to work and deliver results under minimum supervision while meeting timelines
- Effective multi-tasking skills, with a methodical and organized approach to work
- strong time-management and real-time prioritization of tasks a must - Must have worked (or be willing to work) with prospects, customers and partners in a proactive, high-energy and self-motivated culture that is driven by a very strong will to win
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ability to collaborate and work with a globally distributed organization, as part of virtual, multi-functional teams - Language proficiency
- English mandatory; additional language skills a definite plus Experience Educational Qualification
- Bachelors or equivalent degree/diploma in Engineering (EE, CS, Telecom) or other related fields of study; higher degree like MS, MBA or equivalent will be an advantage (but is not mandatory).
The role will be home based and could be based in the UK, France or Belgium (French speaking would be ideal but is not essential).
The person must be comfortable with invoicing my client which is a US based, 450 person company. (#1236-MH1036)