Our client wishes to hire a Technical Account Manager (sales engineer / presales consultant) with a strong technology background coupled with sales/business development acumen, to be part of our field sales organization.
The primary objective of the role is to provide technical account ownership as the primary technical/product/solution expert and interface for the prospect or customer.
The role combines presales and solution consulting / solutions architecture activity (75-90%) with some post-sales activity, working with the Sales Account Manager and Regional General Manager as part of a high-performance sales and account management team.
The candidate must enjoy spending time with prospects, customers and partners, working in a proactive, high-energy and self-motivated culture and must be driven by a very strong will to win.
The role calls for individual responsibility and hands-on involvement in sales opportunities, while requiring strong leadership, communication and teamwork to achieve sales objectives.
Job Description and Requirements
For every opportunity that he/she handles directly, the candidate will be responsible for end-to-end management of all technical aspects of an account under his/her direct control through the entire presales phase of an opportunity -
- Work with the sales person or account manager to support the sales cycle for the opportunity from a
- Play the role of a thought leader and demonstrate business and operational value offered by
Mobileum’s solutions, by engaging relevant stakeholders at all levels – senior executives, decision
makers and influencers
- Develop a deep understanding of a customer or prospect’s business to seek out possible
opportunities in concert with the sales account manager, and lead the “solution” creation process that
fulfills the customer’s needs by using a combination of Mobileum solutions as relevant and
- Adapt or create customer-facing materials for various stages of the presales process – presentations,
technical information notes, deployment/solution architectures, etc.
- Own the proposal preparation process for each specific opportunity that he/she works on, including
being the primary owner and creator of every proposal or response to RFx (e.g., RFI/RFP/RFQ, etc.) or
tender; will liaise with different internal functions including product management/marketing,
engineering, and delivery organizations, to ensure completion of all customer-facing document
- Conduct demos of products to customers and prospects
- Ensure a smooth handoff to the posts-sales stage for a successful deal via a Statement of Work (SOW)
and internal discussions, as well as through participation with customer stakeholders and Mobileum
project delivery and service management teams
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Support Manager in the delivery phase of the
- Will be responsible for several accounts/opportunities in parallel
- Must be willing to travel extensively both internationally and locally (at least 60% to 70%)
- Must be a self-starter, and take the initiative to create interest with customers in Mobileum’s offerings, work on opportunities and execute plans to achieve desired objectives in close concert with the regional field sales team, and with support from other functions within the organization
Skills and Expertise
- Focus domains - solution delivery in the domain of data-driven analytical solutions for mobile
operators across the region, for roaming and interconnect, mobile network security and data-driven analytical solutions. Candidates must possess demonstrable skills and experience in one or more of these domains.
- Technology – the role requires a combination of skills in different areas, including (but not limited to):
o The telco system stack –
? Core Network architecture – including an understanding of the core network topology
and elements; for 2G/GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE
• Network elements, their functionality, key procedures (including signalling
? Basic understanding of Radio Access Network (RAN) is desirable
? Protocols for GSM/3G/LTE – SS7 and Diameter
? Mobile Data and IP/GPRS – elements, protocols, procedures; GTP
? BSS/OSS elements - billing, provisioning, mediation, policy management, probes and
DPI, clearing and settlement processes for roaming and interconnect, etc.
o Signaling/call/data flows across 2G/3G/LTE service domains
o Analytics for Mobile Operators – in any or more domains including subscribers, networks,
CEM, services, etc.; experience with business intelligence, analysis, reporting related initiatives
? Understanding of Big Data technologies and data analytics, data science and machine
learning will be a plus
o Software – understanding of software systems and architecture (preferably in the context of
telecommunication systems); hands-on background in software development will be a plus
- Defining “solution architecture” to serve the customer’s business needs, and mapping a complete solution to customer needs by utilizing Mobileum’s portfolio of products
- Proactive and strong communicator; above-average verbal and written communication skills
o Good presentation skills a must, and ability to “whiteboard” concepts during discussions
o Owning proposals, solution approach notes, preparing bid/RFP response packages and all
other activity related to the presales cycle of the sales process
- Create business cases for customers in concert the customer and Mobileum’s business line experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills - must be organized, and prioritize activities quickly and effectively
- Language proficiency – effective and strong English (written and spoken) skills are mandatory;
additional language skills required (including ability to communicate on a technology plane) for
specific regions, as follows:
Experience and Education
Preferably 10-12 years or more of relevant industry experience, primarily in customer-facing roles, of which preferably at least 5 years should have been in technical presales/project management in the fields of wireless telecommunication; should have experience in working with geographically distributed virtual teams.
Education – Bachelors or equivalent (or higher) degree/diploma in Engineering (EE, CS, Telecom) or other related fields of study
The position reports into a matrixed organizational structure. The selected candidate will be working closely with one or more Sales Directors and will report to the Regional Senior VP/General Manager and the Head/Senior VP of Global Technical Account Management.