Main Purpose of Job
The primary purpose is to manage a selected set of solutions and support End-to-End aspects of Solution lifecycle (requirement specifications, design, documentation and delivery). The secondary purpose of the role is to position existing/new solutions to customers effectively.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The focus is on creating solutions that lend themselves to being:
-packaged and repeatable
-based on our software platforms
-based on to-be-created solution modules
-based on to-be-defined 3rd party products
Responsible for the end-to-end ownership and management of the below:
• Specify and create detailed solutions specifications based on market and customer requirements
• Support the design of solutions framework by effectively capturing and owning the definition of technical use cases, design and architecture of various solutions in the areas of Network /Service Assurance, SQM, CEM etc.
• Collaborate with Solutions Directors, sponsoring customers or new prospects to capture technical use-case specifications for solutions
• Work with PLM and other teams to establish feasibility and new platform/product feature requirements that may be needed to enable certain solutions
• highly consultative activity that involves determining solution and use-case low-level detail as part of the Solutions Delivery process.
• produce high-and low-level solution design documents
• implement the solution at a customer site or remotely.
• technically collaborate with technology partners that may be used to enable particular types of solutions
• Support a selected set of solutions and their life cycle from high/low-level specification, POC, to beta/trial, to commercial market release, delivery, and maintenance
• Contribute to solutions roadmap and other evolutionary aspects of their solutions
• Collaborate with Marketing/Product Marketing and support the Go-To-Market process
• Support the transition of selected solutions into productization
• Request and track solutions enabling platform and product features
• Provide post-acceptance support of solutions
• In depth technical knowledge and experience of defining winning CSP solutions in OSS environments that are use case focused and value focused.
• Ability to create/manage high value solutions through deep understanding of Network/Service Assurance and Customer Experience solutions in CSP environments.
• Knowledge of TMF/eTOM processes and Customer BSS environments is an advantage
• Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of a GSM / UMTS / LTE RAN network and its operation
• Good understanding of TDM, Ethernet, IP, MPLS technologies in Mobile and Fixed networks
• Working knowledge of multi-vendor data sources (xDRs, Probes, logs, Counters etc.), QoS, QoE, KPIs, Service models, Service Inventory and mediation platforms
• Experience in PM/FM/SQM/CEM/Optimisation tools to ultimately improve Network and customer experience
• Ability to work with customers, partners, and personnel at all levels establishing credibility and building trusted status.
• Ability to engage and quickly establish strong working relationships with partners.
• Senior Engineer level experience as part of a solutions or product management organization in the telecommunications software market is required.
• Knowledge of different roles and skills held within both company and customer organisations.
• Fluent in English with a second European language.
• Strong presentation and customer facing skills required.
The role is office based. The role is full time and will require regular and extensive travel (up to 50%),