The Solution/Software Architect is responsible defining, in co-operation with Mycom OSI product teams, customer solution architecture based on the MYCOM OSI products to meet the customer Programme business and technical objectives. He/She will co-ordinate the solution design, working closely with external parties including the Customer, their selected SI and other contributing 3rd parties. Delivery will be made in a DevOps environment and the NFV Architect will ensure all key parties are engaged, and aligned with the overall solution.
Solution/Software Architect, will be responsible for:
- Working closely with customers, leading technical and business value discussions
- Assessing the overall Architecture model that MYCOM OSI products will be plugged into to define impacts and ensuring that MYCOM OSI is aligned to this model through legitimate product enhancements requests for project based customizations
- Advising customers in the architecture and deployment of solutions that meets their technical, business and compliance needs
- Find best compromises between meeting customer requirements and MYCOM OSI product and project cost effectiveness using advocacy in both directions
- Assess solution architectures compliancy to TMF/ETSI standards from data models (SID), interface/API (Open APIs / TIP) and business processes (eTOM) perspective to issue gap analysis for the customer or MYCOM OSI benefit
- Contributing to identifying, developing and implementing technical best practices guidelines to be re-used across customer deployments
- Bringing deep subject matter expertise on the topics of Network Functions Virtualization and Software Define Networks
- leading the solution design throughout the project lifecycle and be accountable for solution integrity.
- gaining insight into customer's environment, challenges, and opportunities in order to propose areas where MYCOM OSI products and solutions can add value. You will ensure proposed solution reflects MYCOM OSI value proposition and competitive advantage.
- Sharing and communicating end-to-end solutions (orally and in writing) to executives, business sponsors, and technical resources.
- Guiding various product experts with regard to the solution.
- Providing ongoing feedback to product management and R+D for delivery of best practices.
- Proven track record of successful delivery in large and complex Telecommunications OSS projects
- Extensive experience of working as an Telecoms Architect ideally working for an SI
- Ability to demonstrate clear and strong leadership ;
- Excellent knowledge of IT technologies used for NFV such as cloud deployment/management and Open Source frameworks
- Key skills required are Openstack/Openshift, configuration and management of VMs, APIs, Containers
- Excellent knowledge of TMF eco-system and in particular TAM/SID, Open APIs / TMF Interfaces and latest NFV related enhancements as part of ZOOM, active participation in TMF activities a plus
- Very familiar with ETSI standards and models for NFV
- Very familiar with SDN principles and ONF (Open Networking Foundation) and MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum)
- Will have excellent communication skills, equally comfortable with crafting emails as leading a white-board discussion with customers
- Exposure to and experience of Agile Delivery methods
- Exposure to and experience delivery in a DevOps model
- Demonstrable experience of working on solutions in an NFV environment
- Experience of working for Software Vendor
- Performance, Fault or Service Management experience
- Understanding of OSS Inventory/CMDB and cataloguing functions
Soft Skills & Personal Attributes
- Self-driven individual who is result oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Leadership, credibility, demonstrates initiative
- Ability to influence internally and bring order to dynamic situations
- Organization and time management skills
- Familiarity with the appropriate industry standards
- Calm in a crisis
- Able to engage with CXO level representatives of customers and partners
- Willingness to travel
Education & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject or extensive industry experience
MYCOM OSI is an independent provider of Next Generation Service Assurance, Automation/Orchestration, and Analytics solutions to the world’s largest Communications Services Providers (CSPs), and counts 8 out of 10 of the world’s largest global CSP groups as its customers.
With over 25 years’ experience, MYCOM OSI empowers Tier 1 communication organisations to focus on optimise their network, assure the quality of the services provided to customers and pro-actively manage their customer experience with the view to increase Customer satisfaction. It is recognised as a market leader as proven by a recent industry award ‘2015 Stratecast Global Product Line Strategy Leadership Award in Service Assurance’ and its involvement in the world’s most innovative 5G research centre, the UK’s 5GIC. Both HP and Ericsson offer MYCOM OSI products as part of their solution portfolios.
With a global presence and approximately 250 employees worldwide, MYCOM OSI has established itself as the leading provider in Performance Management, Fault Management, Service Management, Automation & Orchestration, and Network Analytics solutions.
MYCOM OSI’s financial targets and growth are very ambitious and we look for new talent which can help us in achieving these.
Closing date: 21st July 2017