If you want to be part of an exciting and ambitious Mobile App team, and have the skills and experience to help bring our vision to life, then we may have just the job for you.
As part of a challenging and rewarding new mobile ambition for Next, you'll be joining a cross-functional agile development team, applying your expert knowledge to the development and maintenance of our customer facing iOS and Android apps (Phone and Tablet).
With at least 4 years of impressive technical expertise on the .NET framework technology stack using C#, you will also have comprehensive knowledge of the full iOS and/or Android app development lifecycles and SDKs, and an understanding of each platforms User Interface and Design Guidelines.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply today.
This role would also suit candidates looking to move from iOS or Android development who are interested in building cross-platform apps with Xamarin. Xamarin training will be provided with the opportunity for you to become a Xamarin Certified Developer.
About the Role:
- Design and implement new features on our customer facing iOS and Android applications
- Build Phone and Tablet user-interfaces that scale to screen size
- Create application architectures that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility
- Define and maintain software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practice
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Stay current on latest technical trends and practices
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other developers
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge
- Flexibility to provide additional support when required by project work, key events, peak periods etc
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis
- Able to manage own time, prioritise tasks and plan work for others
Business User Management:
- Experience of working collaboratively with non-technical business staff in order to agree requirements, timescales and acceptance criteria
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate
- Experience of using a recognised development methodology and an understanding of the role of the developer in the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of feature level design, development and testing of architecturally robust and scalable technical solutions
- Strong problem solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement whilst identifying risks and change impact
- Highly self-motivated team player with strong communication skills who is able to work effectively under pressure
Essential Core Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 4 years software development experience on the .NET framework technology stack using C#
- Mobile App software development experience with iOS and/or Android platforms
- Web API / RESTful service integration
- Understanding of Object Oriented design and implementation
- Knowledge of Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Working knowledge of MVVM / MVC application architectures
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making, interpersonal and leadership abilities
Desirable Core Skills:
- Xamarin Native (Xamarin.iOS and/or Xamarin.Android)
- Xamarin Forms
- Knowledge of Source Control best practices using TFS or GIT
- Familiarity of Agile software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, XP etc)
- Understanding of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration
- One or more applications published in the Apple App Store / Google Play Store
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits with a relocation package available.