Senior IP Data Centre Engineer Network Layer 3 Firewalls CCNP AWS/Azure
Senior IP Data Centre Engineer
My Fantastic Telecommunication client in London is currently looking for a solid Senior IP Data Centre Engineer to come on board on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be in the IP Services Team which is responsible for the delivery, maintenance and support of all IP platforms. The team's primary function is to design, configure and maintain a redundant/scalable IP network on both On-Premise and Cloud Platforms. The candidate will have 100% hands-on responsibility of the on-premise, private cloud and public cloud (AWS / Azure) environments.
* Primary objective is the support on-prem data centre environment.
* Frequent involvement in in-depth troubleshooting exercises across multi-platform network. (MNO, Data Centre, AWS & Azure)
* Directly liaise with MNO vendors in troubleshooting scenarios.
* Contribute and assist cloud architect team during design and planning phases.
* Manage VPN connections
* Responsible for physical and virtual network device deployment and regular maintenance.
* Stay current with any new security/ network services released by public cloud platforms to ensure continuous improvement.
* Provisioning, deployment, monitoring cloud environment using automation tools like Terraform, managing Docker containers, salt, Puppet, Python modules, orchestration and other DevOps tools.
* Telecoms Domain Experience (MNO / MVNO)
* CCNA/CCNP certified
* Excellent working knowledge on Cisco, AWS, Azure IP network / security solutions including VPC/VNET, NACL, Security groups, route tables, direct connect, direct connect gateway, Express Route, Transit Gateway, VPN, etc.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of security devices including Cisco ASA/v, Cisco nexus/ ACI, ASR
* Proven record of successfully managing on premises environment, both AWS & Azure and physical datacentre
* Experience working with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers/Cisco Meraki based wireless technologies
* Extensive AWS/VM's experience in a commercial environment, architecting methods and best practices.
* Experience in 'On-Premise to Cloud' migrations.
* Experience of Data Centre technology infrastructure development and management
* Full awareness of the latest security and network optimisation services offered by AWS and Azure to help Identify the most suitable resources for a particular product/solution.
This is a permanent role paying up to 60k per annum plus package which includes a 10% bonus.
If you are a solid Senior IP Data Centre Engineer with solid experience of supporting on-prem and cloud platforms then please forward your CV asap as interviews are being arranged immediately