Edinburgh based, internationally focussed.
If you are a talented Senior Mobile Developer they want you to join their team and they will help and support you (and your family) relocate to their beautiful city.
Edinburgh is both a UNESCO world heritage site and the fastest growing tech hub in the UK. Edinburgh is also regularly voted the top city to relocate to with the best combination of quality of life and affordability.
Relocation Package includes:
- Arrangement and cost of Flights/travel, (for you and your family)
- 6 months accommodation, either via
o Rental accommodation sourced by the company
o Equivalent budget to spend
- Cost of Removals
They want you to become part of the family - and that means being here in Edinburgh so the position isn't suitable for remote working, or for people who have rights to work in the UK.
Who are they?
They are an apps and digital solutions agency, so every project they do is a little bit different. Every time they push ourselves to do better than before. They work with clients to develop state of the art mobile and web applications that push the boundaries of mobile innovation.
They try new technologies, new approaches and new architectures, to keep them on the cutting edge of mobile development, so they are never standing still. You'll get the opportunity to make your mark so you'll always be learning and improving. As well as a generous salary, they have got some amazing perks and benefits including free snacks, soft drinks and fruit, regular catered lunches, games nights and a brand new city centre office in Edinburgh.
They care about hiring great people so you'll be working with a team that cares. They support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
All their native Android projects are written in Kotlin so you'll not be stuck writing Java code. They currently use an MVVM Clean Architecture with Rx and Android Architecture Components. They also do cross platform work with Xamarin in C#. They unit test across all projects, code is always reviewed, and as a team they meet regularly to discuss new approaches and challenges. There's no telling what exactly they will be using in a few years.
- Developing Android apps with a focus on readable, maintainable and tested code using either Kotlin or cross-platform technologies.
- Mentoring junior engineers and teach software engineering best practices
- Collaborating with designers, product owners, testers and clients to deliver great products as an agile team
- Being an advocate for engineering best practices across mobile and web platforms
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of development experience with strong knowledge of Kotlin or Java and Android
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices, clean code and unit testing.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Passion and Enthusiasm for delivering great products