As the financial landscape grows and evolves, Vanguard s systems must remain state-of-the-art and keep pace with emerging technologies. We employ IT teams to work with the newest technologies and create mobile applications that provide the best experience for our clients. We are currently seeking a Mobile Platform Developer to help us define and develop the next generation mobile application architecture.
As a member of the mobile engineering and platform team, you will be a part of the transformational effort to shape how mobile solutions are created across the enterprise. In this role, you will have impact on the engineering life cycle, including the processes, tools, and configuration used by mobile solutions teams across the enterprise. Applying enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness, you ll find new ways to solve challenging problems, improve existing tools and processes, and remove impediments.How you ll spend your days
As a Mobile Platform Developer, you ll spend your days supporting the mobile software engineering life cycle through the definition and implementation of processes and tools. You ll recommend and configure tools and services that facilitate mobile development and software engineering. Using your strong knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, you ll write, develop, analyze, and elevate code that is well structured, with a focus on testability, maintainability, security, and performance.
Mobile Platform Developers have an impact everyday by creating prototypes for experimentation with new languages, frameworks, and techniques, and participating in tests and systems analysis activities throughout the life cycle. Establishing architectural principles, and defining recommended design patterns is also part of your daily functions.
Working closely with other mobile teams, you ll propose changes to the existing methodology and technical environment, help them overcome technical challenges, and improve the quality of their solutions. Mobile Platform Developers also partner with mobile engineering teams as they onboard to the platform, and define and promote best practices and methodology across the enterprise in concert with Vanguard Next Generation Application (NGA) processes, tools, and methodology.For this role, you are
To really excel in the role, you will
- A graduate with a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 1-2 years experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- 1-2 years experience with at least one native mobile programming language (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C).
- 1-2 years experience with software engineering tools, such as Xcode, Android Studio, Git, and others.
- Have a working knowledge of how to write automated tests for mobile apps
- Have a working knowledge of Continuous Integration practices for mobile.
- Be Innovative, creative, flexible and passionate about mobile software engineering, the engineering lifecycle, and creating great usable mobile solutions
- Have a working knowledge of or proficiency with hybrid and cross-platform development approaches (Cordova, Ionic, etc.).
- Be proficiency in writing automated testing practices for mobile.
- Have experience managing a Continuous Integration server for mobile applications.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Associated topics: android, app, ios, java, mobile app, mobile application, mobile developer, object c, swift, xcode