To provide intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems, under supervision of a more senior developer.
We are searching for a Mobile Developer to join our team!. We are looking for someone who has a passion toward Mobile Development. Our team is responsible for the native apps - iOS and Android and are a very agile team. We have some interesting new work (My Feed, Security Code, etc) as well as day to day responsibilities (DCT, technical upgrades, etc). This position can report to our Malvern PA office our new Philadelphia Innovation Center!Technology Stack:
- iOS or Andriod
- RESTFul Services
- JavaDuties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Follows software development methodology. Follows architecture standards.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
6. Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g.,systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Understands client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
9. Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
1. Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
2. Minimum 3 years developer or systems analyst experience
3. Strong written and oral communication skills
4. Strong analysis and problem solving skills
5. Strong planning and organizational skills
6. Intermediate knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Use case standards
- Systems analysis and design techniques
- System/subsystem requirements
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards
- Screen, report, and query design
Associated topics: android, app, ios, java, mobile app, mobile developer, object c, objective c, swift, xcode