Our client develops smarter network test, monitoring, service assurance and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies. The client has almost 2000 employees in more than 25 countries and is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions and has the largest active assurance deployment.
Their broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable their customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization, and big data analytics.
The EMEA Sales Specialist - Fiber Network Monitoring, is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience selling high-value fiber monitoring / service assurance solutions to fixed-line and wireless telecommunications service providers.
The solutions offers:
Continuous 24/7 fiber network monitoring
Dark-fiber SLA management
Network fault correlation and analysis
Automation of OTDR testing for network operation and maintenance
The candidate will be responsible for driving the revenue of the Business Unit in the region through regional sales managers and key account managers. The ideal person would have been in a product or presales role before becoming a sales person in the space and is looking for that next step.
The successful candidate can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth. The position could be based anywhere in Europe from home as long as the person is willing to travel.
The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Fiber Monitoring portfolio into the EMEA Service Provider market.
• Achieve the sales target by drive the sales cycle into Service Providers on the solutions you are in charge of, in collaboration with account team co-workers.
• Analyze the market on your solution domain and build an attack plan with Account Sales Managers to grow business. Analyze customer needs’, build technical and sales proposals with the Account Sales team.
• Present, argument and convince Service providers about your approach to fulfill their specific needs.
• Extensive knowledge and customer acceptance of how Fiber Optic Monitoring Solutions solve customer problems, and by providing true consultative expertise to customers.
• Deliver customer and market feedback, influence Product and Solution Managers roadmap to anticipate market needs and trends. Establish a close working relationship with product management to ensure our clients´ needs are well known and understood.
• Work with sales group helping to manage customer expectations and maintain ongoing and regular communication with the customer.
• Practice governance to prioritize your strategic planning.
• Follow up agreed steps with the account team and plan accordingly.
• Take control of escalations, involving the Sales leadership team when needed.
• Provide constant feedback to company leadership and product management teams on the competition.
• Work with sales, systems engineering and the services organization to jointly develop “scope of work” requirements for proposal development.
What we are looking for
Commercial and Technical skills
• Sales driven person with the ability to create a technical trustworthy relationship with customers.
• You make the most difference when you talk to the customer.
• Ability to analyze market data and customer feedback to understand and anticipate trends on a given solution.
• Strong ability to build customer relations
• Strong knowledge in fiber optic network core and access technologies is a pre-requisite. The candidate should be aware of the business value of fiber optic testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of fixed and wireless telecom networks.
• This role is a sales role so it has a 60:40 split between base and variable but the client is looking for someone very knowledgeable about the optical fiber test and measurement space.
• Selling attitude and target-oriented
• Ability to create relationships with technical stakeholders within Service Providers.
• Leadership qualities and ability to collaborate with supporting teams
• Experience and ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills – internal and external
• Demonstrated ability to work with the sales team, product line, professional services, and engineering teams.
• Strong customer advocacy skills complemented by the ability to effectively position the value proposition and benefits from the customer perspective
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, self-starter and able to interact with people at all levels
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
• Innovative business and technical problem solver
Traveling: Willing and able to travel, 60-70% of the time.