My client are currently seeking a Business Development Manager, based in London supporting their SaaS business across various industry verticals. This person is a creative hunter and will be keeping the pipeline filled with quality leads and opportunities. They will be performing solution-based software sales, and will be charged with identifying leads, qualifying opportunities, and maintaining a pipeline in a global software sales operation. This person must have the entrepreneurial initiative and relationship-building skills to create partnerships with decision makers and manage the sales process through to short-listing. Fluency and proficiency in English is mandatory and an additional European language is a strong plus.
- Build and develop business relationships within prospects and within the organization vital to the success of the SaaS business including identifying future business opportunities through stringent qualification. Build and maintain a high-quality pipeline.
- Actively lead and participate in front-end sales cycles for significant new engagements.
- Develop Account Strategies across industry verticals in partnership with the relevant sales teams and in consultation with the key influencers and stakeholders of existing and new clients.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in building strong consultative client account management relationships; trusted advisor.
- Prospecting, cold calling, strategic selling, relationship-building, articulating my client's value proposition and solution at multiple levels of an organization.
- Creating and executing a communications plan to sales team, prospects and management.
- Meeting individual sales objectives related to pipeline building and opportunity development to achieve company growth objectives.
- Performing competitive analysis on services and pricing and disseminating those results to other team members.
- Driving thought leadership opportunities and client relationship development.
- Responsible for using the company's sales automation tools to input sales data.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sales pipeline reports and management reporting on a weekly basis.
- Participation and ensure successful execution of trade shows conferences and seminars, webinars and other marketing events
- Ability and willingness to travel predominately in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- A proven track record in enterprise software business development with an understanding of selling complex technology solutions based on the subscription model
- Prior experience driving annual pipeline and funnel in a quota-carrying business development role
- Strong background in consulting and sales with previous experience of working in the consulting sales division of a software/technology organization
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including at the most senior levels
- Skilled in articulating and presenting compelling value propositions for service offerings
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills
- A hunter - someone who thinks creatively on how to get into accounts - and what accounts to go after.
- Ability to work within a team environment, and particularly in a matrixed company and client scenario.
- Ability to independently identify, investigate and develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet predetermined deadlines, setting direction for and ensuring the success of all client engagements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software productivity tools (word processing, statistical, spreadsheet, presentation and database software) to meet goals of position.
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent presentation skills including preparation for and execution of executive meetings (strategic direction, materials development, planning, etc.).
- Strategic thinker with the ability to articulate verbally, in writing and presentation form, long-term ideas/plans.
- Ability to understand complex technological processes, trends and concepts.