The 5G Air Interface Call Processing Senior Systems Engineer will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce customer products to Wireless Carrier.
• Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction of virtualized networks.
• Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 4G/5G Wireless Call Protocols. Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
• Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers' network business
• Educate end customers on customer's new products and services both individually and in a team environment. Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as partners on initiatives
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills Required: Key skills required include:
• Minimum of 12 yrs. of industry experience in wireless is required
• Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is beneficial
• Must have understanding on 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc.
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
• Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
• Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Experience with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators.
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture