At Landmark we are constantly looking to push the boundaries of what our clients think is possible. Our Infrastructure and network engineers form the backbone of that challenge and we are currently seeking an outstanding Cloud Infrastructure engineer to provide business critical support to a number of internal hardware systems within the group; Working as part for the Cloud Platform and Architecture Services (CPAS) team for Landmark Solutions. The role will work hand in hand with the Senior Infrastructure Engineer and the Cloud Architects to support the delivery of our next generation cloud platform solutions on both Azure and AWS. You will be delivering multiple concurrent tasks with varying technologies.
The Infrastructure engineer will primarily, but not exclusively, be responsible for all physical and virtual server infrastructure as well as cloud administration across solutions, including management of core applications on premise and hosted in Public Cloud. They will play a key role in current and future systems development providing input into technical architecture and working with both internal and external customers in the delivery of new Services and Technologies. The role integrates closely with DevOps functions focusing on automated and highly repeatable system and environment orchestration solutions aiding accelerated product development whilst maintaining high quality levels.
· Manage a range of Physical, Virtual server technologies including Co-located, Private and Public Cloud as required to meet targeted Service Level agreements
· Ensure internal and external applications and associated infrastructure are functioning correctly, by undertaking proactive monitoring and analysis, resolving problems and escalating as appropriate.
· Investigate user requirements for application and infrastructure changes, design and implement appropriate solutions
· Regularly analyse systems to ensure that they are capable for future planned capacity and functionality.
· Support Landmarks IT Development processes in the provision of new of improved products and services.
· Conduct development and implementation tasks for Landmark systems including project planning, analysis, designing, programming, testing and debugging
· Provide 3 rd Line infrastructure support as required
· On-call after 12 months
This is a technical role. We are looking for someone to l eave their mark on our infrastructure culture with their technical leadership, whilst continuing to keep growing themselves. You should have a desire to improve your knowledge and understanding of both our tools and technologies and seek opportunities to learn and assist the team in continuous improvement. Our Ideal Candidate:
· Extensive experience in a technical support and implementation role, providing 3 rd level support in a similar field
· Proven experience in design and administration of web platform technologies. i.e. .NET, IIS, Apache, Nginx, Java, etc.
· Experience of programming or scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash, Powershell)
· Experience in Security Hardening
· VMWare ESX Administration skills, Azure IAAS Administration
· Ability to understand user requirements and translate into technical solutions
· High Availability / Fault tolerance /Software Load balancing strategies/Hardware infrastructure fault tolerance experience
· Experience with Azure, Amazon Web service or Google Compute Cloud
· Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions
· Desirable Qualifications:
o Microsoft MCSA Azure Cloud
o AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
o VMWare VCP
Landmark Information Group is a portfolio of leading property-related data and technology businesses at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership. It delivers award-winning solutions to estate agency, conveyancing, surveying, lender valuations, environmental consultancy, and Governments. Capabilities range from property search provision, expert opinion and interpretation to conveyancing case-management, floor-planning software, valuation modelling and a property listings portal. Clients are served through market leading applications and services that connect businesses, government departments and consumers together - reducing risk, creating transparency and saving both time and money for all parties.
As the UK's largest custodian of land, property and environmental data, using a combination of AI, machine learning and domain experts to provide marketing leading and trusted interpretation. Our data, backed by technology innovation and entrepreneurialism, make Landmark uniquely placed to lead the next wave of digital transformation in the markets we are passionate about.
What it's like to work at Landmark:
We're a friendly, dynamic and supportive team. We encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. We actively promote involvement in the development and direction of our products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. We also love a good work social and team building events. As well as this we offer:
- 25 days' holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year.
- Flexible working.
- Free parking.
- Free fruit, biscuits, tea and coffee.
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice.
- Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme.
- Internal coaching/mentoring system throughout your time here.
- Focus on training and career progression.
- Competitive salary.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees...... click apply for full job details