IT Infrastructure Projects 2nd & 3rd Line Support Engineer who is highly technical in the Microsoft Technology Stack from Cloud Services to on-premises IT architecture including Servers and Windows 10 is require for two Local Authorities' shared IT service.
SALARY: £32,048 - £35,220 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Candidates will be expected to work from both Andover and Winchester. Regular travel between these two main sites and minimal travel to other locations will be required.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
HOURS: 37 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Projects 2nd & 3rd Line Support Engineer (known within the organisation as an IMT Systems Engineer) who is highly technical in the Microsoft Technology Stack from Cloud Services to on-premises IT architecture including Servers and Windows 10.
Working as the IT Infrastructure Projects 2nd & 3rd Line Support Engineer you will provide both technical support and work on a wide range of projects related to integration and optimisation of IT systems and solutions.
This is a highly technical hands on role to develop and maintain well integrated high availability IT infrastructure and solutions enabling both councils to work from modern, scalable platforms and to ensure continuous service to users by meeting or exceeding the performance indicators, as defined by service level agreements.
As the IT Infrastructure Projects 2nd & 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will have practical hands-on technical experience across the Microsoft technology stack from Cloud services to on-premises architecture including Server and Windows 10. Working with and developing collaboration platforms like Office365 and Power Platform is something that you are familiar with. Ideally you have had previous experience on how to create, optimise and integrate workflows and automate business processes using SQL and tools like PowerShell, Flow and Alfresco Process. Any knowledge of developing simple RPA solutions would be advantageous.
As an integrator you are familiar and capable of working with different tools and technologies like REST API, JSON, XML and ideally with some front-end development tools like Django or React JS. You will advise on technical solutions and be able to describe and articulate complex ideas for team members in IT and the business to learn.
As the IT Infrastructure Projects 2nd & 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will adhere to ITIL v3 disciplines and have excellent workload and time management skills requiring minimal supervision.
This is an ideal opportunity for a resourceful and highly skilled individual to join a committed team in a lively environment dedicated to providing high quality services and able to work under pressure.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Work as a part of ITSS Operations team designing, developing and implementing solutions on a Microsoft platform
- Work as a part of 3rd Line Technical Support for any service disruption, formulating recovery plans to return to service
- Work as a technical expert on different integration projects and API development where required
- Raise and implement Requests for Change (RFC's) and work on specialist projects with internal teams and external contractors
- Produce and understand high quality technical documents to provide operational lifecycle support for the complex systems
- Assist in analysis of business requirements and developing use cases and user stories where required
- You will be expected to work from both Andover and Winchester. Regular travel between these two main sites and minimal travel to other locations will be required
- Microsoft MCSA qualified or similar working experience in Windows Server 2012/2016, Azure / Cloud Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server environment, Active Directory, GPO and WSUS
- Network, Hardware, Virtualisation, Storage, LAN/WAN and System Architecture
- Proven experience in PC, Server and Network Installation, reconfiguration, fault resolution, performance evaluation and improving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- ITIL Foundation (v3) or equivalent
- Cloud solutions / Mobile Solutions
- Windows 7/10 Desktop deployment.
- Citrix XenApp troubleshooting and configuration
- Proven experience in delivering project objectives and online call incidents.
- Proven experience in using system monitoring software such as 'What's Up Gold' and Dell 'OpenManage'
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5541
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Andover, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online...... click apply for full job details